We had our second prenatal appointment on Wednesday evening, and we heard the little heart beat! It was very strong and beating 160 beats per minute. It was very clear on the doppler, and I couldn't have been happier! We were also able to schedule the appointment for the ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby!!! Mark your calendars for October 29th! Our appointment is at 6pm, so the blog will be updated as soon as we get home!!
We were also able to ask a lot of questions that we've had the past four weeks since our last appointment. Our doctor, Dr. Diestelhorst, is just so great. I am so thankful to have a very good doctor!
Last weekend, we registered at Target and Babies R Us. I know it's probably a little early, but we were looking in the baby department at Target, and it was just too tempting not too. We had a lot of energy at Target, but Babies R Us was pretty much LONGEST 3 hours of my life! Holy cow that store is big!!!!!!!
I have to document what happened in the wee-hours of this morning. I believe it was sometime between four and five in the morning, when I apparently rolled over and asked Jon to go to the store and get some corn, bread, peanut butter, and jelly. (I have NO recollection of this) I am finally awoken by the sounds of sandwich preperation in the kitchen. He had got up to make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Of course I was thrilled because I was STARVING, and thought he had read my mind. Little did I know, I was blabbing about food in my sleep. I have the best man in the world!
Love to all!!!!! :)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
D’Lynn
dlynnbuck@gmail.com | 68.229.163.203
Mary and Jon!!!! I love the blog!! How sweet is all of that! You are so smart to do all of this…the baby will love to read it all one day.
It is great to know that Jon is taking such good care of you when you are so far away from all of us.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,
D’Lynn
From We heard a heartbeat! :), 2008/09/12 at 8:38 PM
2008/09/12 Approve | Unapprove | Spam | Delete
Linda Anderson
linda98349@yahoo.com | 70.193.121.29
It is so fun to be able to follow the progress like this. And it does this mother’s heart good to know someone loves her son as you do. Looking forward to seeing you both at the wedding next weekend. Love you, Mom
From We heard a heartbeat! :), 2008/09/13 at 2:58 PM
2008/09/13 Approve | Unapprove | Spam | Delete
Dara
dara@hotmail.com | 207.45.84.239
This is so fun to read!!! Keep it coming. I am excited to hear what the sex will be. I love that you are not sick anymore! Nice work!
From We heard a heartbeat! :), 2008/09/13 at 11:29 PM
2008/09/13 Approve | Unapprove | Spam | Delete
Melanie
melaniefeyerherm@gmail.com | 66.28.53.102
Ha - So you got the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but what about the corn? Way to stay Nebraskan even in your pregnant cravings :).
I love the blog and am so glad I get to stay updated through it!
Post a Comment