
What a fun day! We feasted on a breakfast of bacon and eggs that Jon made. We even got creative and had mimosas!! (substituting champagne for Squirt soda...) In the midst of his preparation, the neighbors came over with monkey bread (sticky gooey delicious-ness with pecans on the top)! It was VERY delicous. So... by ten am, I had already consumed my caloric intake for the day. ;) The rest of the day was spent napping in front of the tv with a very full belly.
Then! Jon made a double decker birthday cake! We invited our friend Kevin over to enjoy some of it. After that, we went to Potawatomi Casino for the Prime Rib and Crab Leg Buffet!! O-M-G. Yummmm-o! The casino was hosting a free comedy show after dinner, so we watched that too.
Lucy was most active during our buffet dinner. She either strongly disliked or strongly agreed with what I was consuming. I can't tell the difference between a happy kick and a not-so-happy kick.
Today we are snuggled on the couch watching Sunday football. We've had snow flurries all morning, but nothing has stuck so far. I'm hoping we can just hold off a little while longer with the winter weather. Poor Maggie's walks are getting shorter and shorter every night.
I hope you all had a great weekend! I love and miss all of you!!!!











3 comments:
That sounds like an awesome birthday!!! That monkey bread sounds delicious. I will definitely be looking for a recipe for that :)
I am sure Lucy was kicking happy kicks over the food!
It sounds like you had a great b-day! Glad you had so much fun!
-Beth
Hey! How come I didn't know it was your birthday????? Glad you had a super day.
Post a Comment