Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rainin' FIRE!



We were hoping to post pictures of Lu's finished bedroom tonight, but the evening took a funny turn. We went to ACE Hardware to get the paint earlier this afternoon. We were both excited to get started, so we masked the room with lightning speed. The room is Ninja Turtle Green right now... not acceptable for little Lu. Jon was a trooper, and was painting the ceiling while I was painting her dresser. We were on the second coat, when Jon accidently bumped the light fixture with his roller. SPARKS FLEW! Half of our house went dark, and the painting was over. :(




We called an electrician and they will be over on Monday morning. We're hoping it is sunny tomorrow so we can paint by day light instead. The wiring in the house is just really old. We took down the fixture to see if we could fix it, and the ceiling was charred... time for a new fixture, and more importantly, new wiring.

So, in the meantime, I will only be able to show you the "before pictures" of the room. The after pictures will be spectacular, I promise.

2 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

These are the adventures in life that are a pain now but will be something to laugh at in years to come. Glad you're safe and having fun preparing for Lucy's arrival. And you are right - that green has got to go!

luv2quilt said...

I'll bring my sewing machine so we can make curtains for the window I see in the picture. I am so glad Jon found the electrically problem before Lucy was sleeping in that room. Good Job Protective Papa.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving to come around....