Monday, November 24, 2008

the seven facts about mary alice and lu

My friend Melanie tagged me in this game. You are supposed to share seven interesting facts about yourself, and then "tag" seven friends to do the same. :) Since this is blog is primarily about Lu, I'll share some items about this pregnancy. I invite my regular readers to do the same by leaving a comment! Share something about yourself that I can share with Lu when she's older! :)

Okay, here it goes:

1. Compared to other pregnant moms on my message boards, I have had a very smooth pregnancy, and for that I am extremely grateful. The morning sickness was manageable, the aches/pains have been bearable, and my partner has been incredible.

2. Somedays when Lu is really active, I will sing to her REALLY loudly, and she'll stop whatever she's doing. I think she's already scared of my singing voice....

3. If I could change one thing about this pregnancy it would be to have our families closer to share all of the experiences first hand. (I miss you guys....)

4. Labor doesn't scare me. I realize that women have beeen doing this since the beginning of time. With that said.... I am probably going to be getting an epidural.

5. If I could eat apple pie for the remainder of carrying this child, I would be the happiest woman alive.

6. When Jon is away on trips, I have long detailed conversations with Lu about all of the people she will meet when she arrives. (it really helps pass the time)

7. I tried a mother's group, and I don't feel bad for not "fitting in" with them. Lulu and I will find one that fits both of our personalities! :)

I don't think I have seven regular bloggers that follow my site (with a blogger.com site), so I'm leaving it up to you to share your facts in the comments! :)

Love you all!
Mary and Lu

1 comment:

luv2quilt said...

Dear Lu:

Here are my seven interesting facts:
1. I am a middle child. Like your mother, I have the same number of sibling older and younger than me. You will be the oldest child. I suggest you observe your Aunt Beth and Uncle Bill for oldest child traits.

2. I am a Leo which is a zodiac sign. Your birthday determines your sign. If you come on time you will be an Aries.

3. My favorite pasttime as a child was to become 'lost' in a good book. I thought the library was a great place to spend time and to this day, I have a great love for books. My 'reading' habits have changed to 'listening' habits with the advent of audio books and long times spent in the car.

4. I love to take things apart and put them back together in a different way. This explains why I like to sew and quilt. It also explains why I am good at my work.

5. I do not like water or anything that involves my head be submerged. I can swim enough to save me but it would be very unusual to find me looking forward to being in a body of water.

6. I love to go to auctions or gargage sales. The best thing for me to find is something that reminds me of when I was a little girl. Right now, I think alot about paperdolls and how much fun they were.

7. The seventh interesting thing about me is I am excited awaiting the arrival of my very first grandchild. While I am sure there will be many more grandchildren in my life, you have the honor of being the first child that is a part of my child. You are already the most the loved child and will continue to be. While there is room in my heart for each grandchild to come, you are the one that is blazing the trail. I have nothing to compare this journey with because there has never been another before you. I love you, Lucy and can't wait to hold you in my arms.

Gramme