Lu and I had her 24 week appointment tonight. We made the trek to Germantown to see Dr. D. It had been snowing all afternoon, but the roads weren't too bad.
The visit went so well! Because of the snow, I was one of the only patients she had tonight. I got some QUALITY time with my doctor. We listened for her heartbeat, but she was being a little stinker at first. She kept kicking/punching/or headbutting the doppler and the doctor could not get an accurate read. After she finally settled down, we found her heartrate to be 160. Everything is right on track for the end of March!!!
I have been having a weird numbing, tingling sensation on the upper right side of my belly for the past two weeks. I asked Dr. D about it tonight, and she said that it's a pretty common symptom. Apparently, my ribs are spreading and it's putting pressure on the nerves. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done for the discomfort except to give birth. I'm not willing to do that for another 15 weeks, so I guess I will have to deal with it. :) It was just reassuring to hear it's nothing major.
We only have two more monthly appointments and then we start going every two weeks! It seems like this pregnancy is flying by! She'll be here before we know it!!!
Love,
Mary and LuLu
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
So exciting! Hey what are your plans for the holidays? Also where do you get your backgrounds for your blog?
Glad to hear the numb spot is nothing to worry about and that Lu is exercising her right to be onery!
After reading about Chris' Elizabeth, I can only expect you will have many interesting conversations in your future, too.
Take care - stay warm and walk carefully on the snow/ice.
Love - Mom
Dara, I get my backgrounds from thecutestblogontheblock.com they have TONS and they even show you how to design your own. I've tried to do that, but I can't seem to get it.
I am planning on being in Omaha on the 26th-28th! That was my Christmas present this year :)
Hope to see you then!
Mary,
So happy to hear that you and Lu are growing big and strong! You are right--the time will fly, especially when you start going to the OB every two weeks. That is so much fun!
I'm so glad you found out the numbness was nothing major! What a relief. :) I can't wait to meet her!!!
Post a Comment