Thursday, January 7, 2010

An update

I saw another tooth poke through Lucy's gums this morning! She has two teeth on the bottom and one of her top lateral incisors. Her two front teeth are not far behind. The poor girl's gums are so swollen. Hopefully they will pop soon. She has been so cranky and her sleeping habits are back to being horrible. We've tried a cold washcloth, baby orajel, tylenol, teething rings, etc. The only thing that would help at this point is for those dang teeth to pop through!

On a happier note, she is getting close to walking! She walks behind her push toy like a pro, but has not been brave enough to go it alone.  She is getting into everything as it is now, so I can't imagine how crazy it's going to be when she's completely mobile. 

Tomorrow I am signing her up for Toddler story time at a nearby library. Hard to believe she's old enough for that already! I can't wait for it. It just seems like yesterday I was counting down the days until she was born and now she's in a TODDLER story time! 

And because no post is complete without a picture, he's one I snapped today. She loves to play with my scarves. You can see her normally smiley face is not so smiley... darn teeth!


3 comments:

luv2quilt said...

That is a beautiful picture! You are right - the expression hints to the discomfort in her mouth. Hope those little teeth pop through soon!

Mrs. Green said...

I love this pic. She is beautiful! Go Coach!

Alise said...

MARY! My Lucy LOVES that scarf too! We really need to get the Lucy's together with their scarves for a picture!! LOL