Monday, November 30, 2009

holiday hustle

Tomorrow is Deceember 1st! We have officially 56 minutes left of November 2009! It's absolutely crazy how fast this year has gone. It really seems like it was yesterday we were  ringing in the new year... 

We took a family adventure to walmart today to get our Christmas decorations. We have snowflakes hanging from the deck, a candy cane sculpted around the beam, and four very bright LED snowflakes lining our porch. I'd say it's a success! While Jon was freezing his hands off outside, Lucy and I were putting window clings on the front window. I'll have to get a picture of that tomorrow. 

Our tree is also up and ready to go. Lucy was really only curious the first day and has since left it alone. Thank goodness! I thought I would have to say "No, Lucy!" at least a thousand times this holiday season. I can't wait to get some presents under the tree!

Tomorrow starts a favorite Christmas tradition of mine. I blogged about it last year ((here)). I am so excited to show Lucy the mouse tomorrow.. and even MORE excited to move it with her on the 2nd! 

The one thing I am most excited about is starting a new tradition with Lucy. My mom has handcrafted a very special holiday treat for us to enjoy each day until Christmas. Every night we will open up a beautifully embellished fabric pouch and read the enclosed Christmas book. I will take pictures tomorrow of Lucy with the books. They are an absolute treasure, and I have enjoyed planning the order in which she'll read them. Thanks, Mom. We love them!

Happy Holidays to everyone! 

2 comments:

luv2quilt said...

I have another pocket just about finished. I stopped handsewing the binding on it at 11:00 p.m. The count down to Christmas has begun.
Love you and Merry Christmas T24 and counting ...

Libby said...

mary- what does this fabric pouch look like?!? i'm completely in love with that idea and would love to make some of our own!! i'd love to see a picture! it's an awesome idea!! libby