Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sleeping.

Lucy has never been a fan of sleep. We have succumbed to the world of Co-Sleeping. When I was pregnant with Lucy, I was completely against having her in our bed at night. My thought was that she would go to sleep in her crib around 7 at night and I would pick her up at 7 the next morning. I never thought I would be awake all night, every night for four months straight.

We have started a routine that begins around 6pm. She gets her Rice Cereal, then a bath with Johnson's Calming Wash, a massage with the Calming Lotion, and then it's bed time. This routine usually lasts around 2 hours. After she is good and sleepy, she moves in our bed. Why? Because it's easier. I will fully take the blame if she turns out weird, but for right now, I'm doing this to survive.

Instead of moving her into our bed tonight, she slept for a couple hours in the crib. She woke up and I tried to let her cry it out, but it just didn't happen. I caved and brought her into bed with me. She did something that shocked the heck out me! She rolled over on her tummy, pushed her torso up with her chubby little arms, and looked for me! I said, "No Lucy. It's bedtime now." And she turned her head and laid it down and fell back to sleep!

So I know she is capable of sleeping on her own. We are making progress!

1 comment:

Leanna said...

I'm totally for co-sleeping!! That is the only way we are getting our sleep these days!! And I don't think she will turn out weird...if she does then Miss Ellee will be weird right along with her!! :)