Monday, July 20, 2009

about mommy..

This blog is about Lu, but I couldn't help but share my happy news! Throughout my pregnancy, I would step on the scale backwards at my monthly appointments. I didn't want my increasing weight to be a frustration or distraction from this process. I was blissfully unaware that I put on 65 pounds in those short 40 weeks until I went to the doctor last week. The nurse calmly said, "You do realize that you gained about twice the recommended weight, right?" :)

I am currently down 52 pounds from the day I delivered!!!!! I know that 7.5 of it was Goose, but still! 52 pounds! I have 13 to go until my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am going to try to loose another 20. Woo Hooo!!

3 comments:

luv2quilt said...

You look great! Beautiful picture of you and your little girl.

melanie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had a friend who gained 80 pounds during her pregnancy and lost it all. And I agree, you luck great! And so does Lucy!

Leanna said...

Congrats!! You look awesome!! And your little Lucy is just too cute!!