Friday, July 10, 2009

a real update

After looking through the blog, I realize I've been very lazy lately and only posting pictures! A lot has changed in the past couple of weeks! Lucy has found her feet! She was laying on Jon's lap about a week ago and she reached down and pulled them almost to her mouth! She's pretty flexible. They aren't as entertaining for her as I hoped they would be. She'll grab at them, but will not hold on to them.

Lucy has also figured out her Baby Einstein jumper! In the video below you can see her spin the frog. She also loves to "talk" to the flower and the sun. She's very vocal. Last night Jon and I had her in bed. We pretended to be asleep, and she babbled for about twenty minutes before she finally closed her eyes.

The one thing Miss Goose needs to work on is SLEEPING!!!! She does alright some nights, and then horrible the next. We just don't get it. I wish she was consistently doing one or the other so I could plan better! At 3.5 months old, she has already almost eliminated her morning nap. I was not aware that happened so quickly! She's full of surprises. She surprised me today by POUTING for the first time. I thought it was a fluke, but she stuck her little bottom lip out three different times. :( That is about enough to make my heart break!

We have her 4 month check up on the 22nd. I can't wait to see how much she has gained since her last appointment. It was just this week that I picked her up and actually though.. "OMG! You ARE getting heavy!!!!!"

It's very fun to watch her grow and develop her own personality. We just love her to pieces!

Hope all is well with everyone! We miss our families sooo much! Give yourself a hug from Jon and me!! :)

Love,
The Whittemores

PS: What post would be complete without pictures?? :)

No comments: