Thursday, January 1, 2009

Update!

We have had a very busy couple of weeks! Sorry for the lack of blog posts.

Yesterday Jon and I had our 29 week appointment. It was by far the worst one yet. I had to do the Glucose Tolerance Test to test for Gestational Diabetes. Basically, it consisted of slamming a very sugary drink (provided by my doctor) on the way to the appointment. Almost immediately after drinking the 6 oz, I felt sick to my stomach. We went to our appointment while we waited the hour until I had to get my blood drawn.

Dr. D said that everything was on track, and things are looking great! Lu's heartbeat is right around the 140's. As the appointment went on, I started feeling dizzy and pukey because of the Glucose Test.... sick.

We made it to the lab an hour later, and they drew my blood. I was so happy when that was over and Jon and I could leave the office! I won't find out the results of the test for a couple of days. Dr. D said they would call us if the results were not favorable. I am hoping that I pass because the next step would be staying there for 3 hours and having them draw my blood 3 times!!! No thank you!!!!!!!

After a short rest at home, Jon and I traveled to Madison, WI to spend New Year's Eve with his cousins Bryan and Laura. They have 2 little boys, Wake and Hale. Cute, cute!!!!! Their friends, Heather and John joined them there. It was nice to talk to Laura and Heather about breastfeeding and labor. They really gave it to me straight! Their kids are beautiful, and so sweet. It's all worth it. I can't wait until little Lu is here to play!

We hope everyone had a great holiday and New Year! I'm so excited for all of the fun upcoming events in 2009! It's going to be the best year yet!

Love,
Mary and Lu

1 comment:

luv2quilt said...

Glad to see you are updating the blog. I like the layout and enjoy the news. Hard to believe Lu will be here in just a few short months. Can't wait for the shower to arrive :0)

Love you - Mom