Tuesday, October 20, 2009

time out for a little blogging with integrity

This topic is not related to Lucy at all, but since I blog, I need to address this. Last night I ran across a fellow mom's blog detailing her horrific adventure through an Atlanta airport with her toddler son. She outlined her terrible experience with TSA with the final point being they took her son! While I was reading this, I was almost in tears thinking about how AWFUL it would be if I was separated from Lucy in an airport, what I would do in a situation like that, and how I would get my baby back! I was going through a range of emotions and ready to leave a comment on her blog expressing my deepest sympathies for her traumatic experience. Thankfully Lucy needed to eat and I was distracted (not an uncommon event at our house..)

I logged back on to the computer a couple hours later and googled "TSA took my son". My search brought up TSA's blog about the incident and released video surveillance of what had happened. It was absolutely NOTHING like her story and she was with her son the entire time. Her son was quietly sitting in his stroller keeping himself occupied while his mother was wanded. Really? Could this film be altered? I watched it another time, carefully watching the other passengers in the TSA line, looking for jerky movements that would indicate a slice in the footage. Nothing. It was real time.

This lady fabricated the entire story. I hope her blog is shut down. I hope she has a serious fine from TSA.

I have seriously enjoyed working on this blog for more than a year. The only thing I love more about my blog is having followers who I hope read and enjoy our adventures in raising a little firecracker named Lucy. I would never write any falsehoods to attract more followers or create some kind of charade that would conjure up sympathetic comments from people I do not know. I blog with integrity.

Another part of blogging with integrity is showing appreciation for work. It takes a lot of work to have a quality blog. Keeping it new and fresh, searching for new "widgets" and html codes, updating pictures, layouts, headers all takes time. If I "steal" a component from another blogger, I am sure to email them and let them know that I appreciate it. A simple little thank you for the work that went into it so I could borrow it for my page goes a long way.

The TSA incident lady just infuriates me. I will not link her to this post because I do not want to give her blog any more traffic by posting the link.

Thank you to all who read and follow my blog. I appreciate it and look forward to keeping you updated on our crazy life for many years to come. I'm also working on a new blog just for myself.. not about babies, but about mommyhood. Looking forward to giving you a glimpse through my eyes.

1 comment:

luv2quilt said...

You are a woman of integrity and your blog reflects that. It also shows your deep love for your daughter and husband. The snapshot of your day with Lucy makes being a long-distance grandmother bearable. Especially the videos.

I look forward to reading your mommyblog. Your insights will offer others a chuckle and/or a thoughtful 'hummmm, why didn't I think of that' moment.

Keep blogging and know that your efforts are very much appreciated.

Love, Mom